We, at Essai, are in search of exceptional and dedicated team members who share the same goal of achieving professional and personal satisfaction and success to fill our Interconnect Applications Engineer (PR#470) position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Primarily manage mechanical/thermal projects with varying complexity with minimally established standard; Lead and manage multiple tight schedule projects in very demanding work environment with minimal supervision
• Responsible for acquiring and understanding customer requirements, product applications, and end-use environment
• Provide conceptual designs to customers that meet their requirements and aligned with Essai’s mission/goals
• Perform engineering analysis including FMEA, ensuring that concepts/designs are DFx, dimensional variation (stack ups) due to manufacturing tolerances and CTE, mechanical stress/strain calculations or simulations, DOE & interpretation of data/test results to optimize core design methodology
• Design and/or source test system required for products testing and QA, if needed
• Supports R&D projects that may require:
o Component and method research
o FEA Modeling
o Involvement with other engineering field such as electrical circuit design or software programming
• Responsible for all stages of Project Management activities, such as RFQ (Request for Quote)/RFI (Request for Information), design information consolidation, engineering analysis, design & product validation, DOE and test results interpretation, complete first article shipment, post-shipment technical support, etc.
• Effective communications with multiple stakeholders and internal departments (Customer Service, Design, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Assembly, Laboratory, Quality Assurance, etc.)
• Participate in design optimization and establish/maintain design standards and templates
• Support customer validation and field-related improvement projects
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualification Requirement:
1. Passionate, responsible, efficient and disciplined individual.
2. Minimum of 5 years working in a semiconductor test engineering environment is preferred.
3. Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Thermal Engineering. Related engineering qualifications can be considered. Master’s degree is a plus.
4. Well rounded designer/engineer knowledgeable and/or experienced in the fields of:
a. Feedback control systems
c. Electronics/Electrical engineering
d. Materials science
e. Fluid dynamics
f. Industrial pneumatics
g. Semiconductor test tooling applications and design such as test contactors, fixtures, and temperature control apparatus
5. Capable of Architecting and Developing Interconnect and Thermal System products.
6. Proficiency in 3D modeling software (SolidWorks, CosmosWorks, AutoCad) & GD&T standard for technical drawings is a must. Able to read 2D design prints and navigate through complex assembly models in SolidWorks.
7. Good understanding of engineering theory and principles of design; strong problem solving skill.
8. Able to comprehend customer electrical/mechanical/thermal design specifications; provides feedbacks to internal and external customers; ensure existing product line is based on established design processes and templates.
9. Good analytical ability and able to familiarize with company products very quickly.
Additional Qualification Requirement:
1. Strong leadership skills and aggressive in driving project schedule and deliverables.
2. Great sense of responsibility and urgency towards timely multiple work assignments completion with minimal supervision.
3. Strong communication and presentation skills.
4. Comfortable interacting with demanding customers.
5. Good interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work independently, teamwork-oriented, and most critically can adapt quickly to a very dynamic and demanding work environment.
6. Knowledge in semiconductor test tooling applications and design such as test contactors, fixtures, and temperature control apparatus is preferred.
7. Strong problem solving skills, tackling issues proactively, and able to devise contingency plans.
8. Familiar with ATE Test handlers and/or system level test as well as knowledge in semiconductor packaging, test and manufacturing is preferred.
9. Experience in semiconductor IC test contactor or interconnect designs for system level or ATE testers is preferred.
Please note: This position is for our Fremont, CA location. There is no relocation assistance or visa sponsorship offered at this time. Job offers are pending successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and reference check.
To apply, please indicate your name, job title, and PR# in the subject line.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.