Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Experienced Trailer Technician/Mechanic is needed to perform maintenance work on a Fleet of Trailers
Trailer Technician/Mechanic Position Job Description:
• A great candidate can do rec's, drilling, rivetting, body work, and crash work on refrigerated and dry trailers
• Responsible for repairs and required preventive maintenance of trailers
• Inspects, trouble shoots, diagnoses and performs maintenance on equipment
• Performs safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documents required by DOT, company and any other Federal, State or Local regulations
• Interprets work orders and technical manuals
• Repairs or replaces defective parts, components or systems
• Tests repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that the work meets manufacturer’s specifications and legislated regulations
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the shop manager
Qualified Candidates For Trailer Technician/Mechanic Position Will Have The Following Education/Experience:
• 18+ years of age
• A minimum of one-year experience working on trailers and/or completion of trade school
• Must have own tools
• Knowledge of general repairs and PM criteria
• Physical activities include: lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Must possess an acceptable MVR
• High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience
Shop, office, yard, vehicle environment, may require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs., at least once a day.