Job Title: Construction Project Manager
Location: San Bruno, CA 94066
Duration: 15+ months (Strong possibility for extension)
Job Description / Requirement:
Project Manager Position:
• Manages the development and/or implementation of a company’s products or services.
• Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgraded existing products or services.
• Manages projects from inception to completion (or transition), including tracking and evaluation of project performance.
• Ensures that projects are completed on time, within budget, and within accepted quality metrics.
• Participates in project review and status meetings, and communicates project status.
• Utilizes six sigma and project management methodologies to ensure maximum project effectiveness.
• Motivates project team to ensure optimal performance. May assist in the development of business plans, strategies, and approaches to take advantage of business opportunities.
• Leads large programs or portions of very complex programs. Directs and coordinates the work activities of project team.
• Conducts needs assessments and requirements gathering.
• Defines and develops program scope, objectives, detailed plans, budgets and metrics for large projects and/or portions of complex projects. Develops forecasts and proposes responses to variances and trends with the project.
• Monitor project execution to ensure all obligations are met. May pursue contract variations, when appropriate.
• Responsible for adherence to program plan and budgets for large projects. Recommends corrective actions and implements changes.
• Identifies and mitigates risks; develops and implements risk mitigation plans.
• Procures internal and external resources. Allocates project staff with required competencies to meet project objectives.
• Primary interface to internal teams.
• May manage challenging vendor relationships.
• Responsible for direct communication to relevant senior stakeholders. Leads moderately-complex communications and/or negotiations with internal or external clients.
• May provide input into proposal preparation, statements of work and specifications, and estimations of costs.
• Identifies and manages program enhancements and process improvements. Conducts project reviews through the life of the project.
• May influence the activities of junior level personnel (exempt professional and non-exempt).
• Determines and develops approach to solutions.
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Receives little instruction on day-to-day work and general instructions on new assignments.
• Networks with senior, internal and external, personnel in own area of expertise.
• Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
• Contributes to the development of organization’s goals and objectives.
• Represents the organization on projects and may perform in project leadership role.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.