GENERAL JOB FUNCTION
Community Development Liaisons (CDL) strategically plan, develop, implement, and evaluate
internal and external communication plans to positively predispose the public to organ and tissue
donation and transplantation, with an emphasis on increasing donor designation rates within Donor
Network West donation service area and developing a culture of donation in their regional area. The
CDL works with volunteers called Donate Life Ambassadors (DLA) and are responsible for utilizing
and developing their regional DLA's.
This individual will actively participate in industry organizations to keep abreast of national efforts,
effect change as opportunities present themselves, increase knowledge of best practices, maintain
relationships, and develop collaborative opportunities. The CDL will ensure that regional goals are
always in alignment with departmental, organizational, and national goals for donor designation.
Seeks and implements creative and innovative ideas to further Donor Network West mission and
positively impact the culture of donation in the diverse communities served by DONOR NETWORK
This position requires a: highly organized and resourceful person with excellent written and verbal
communication skills; an individual who has demonstrated self-initiative; a proactive person who
seeks solutions independently; takes charge of their assignment and gets the job done; is able to
see the overall strategy and the steps to achieving a goal; a person comfortable with multitasking
and changing priorities: personable and positive individual who represents DONOR NETWORK
WEST to the public in a positive way. This position requires a proactive team player who must
uphold the core values of the organization which includes teamwork, integrity, and passion.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Community Development Liaison I (Salary Grade 23)
1. Community Education
• Secure event and public speaking opportunities to promote organ and tissue donation
in target communities
• Execute department campaigns including with the Department of Motor Vehicles,
Health Clinics, Hospitals, High Schools, Faith Organizations and more.
• Identify and establish relationships with community influencers who can positively
impact the culture of donation in assigned region
• Utilize data and identify regional needs to develop strategic plan for assigned region
• Represent organization through public speaking engagements
• Plan and execute events to promote donation
2. Volunteer Program
• Recruit new Donate Life Ambassadors
• Execute Donate Life Ambassador trainings
• Develop strong relationships with existing Donate Life Ambassadors through
mentorship and recognition
• Effectively utilize Donate Life Ambassador skills and time
• Participate in media events
• Identify and pitch media stories
• Represent the organization in media interviews
• Contributes to organizational social media channels
4. Internal and External Committee Involvement
• Participate in internal, regional, state or national organizations within the field of
Community Development Liaison II (Salary Grade 24)
• Demonstrates competency in requirements of the Community Development Liaison I job
duties and responsibilities, and:
• Serve as preceptor to new Community Education Staff
• Achieve all departmental and regional goals on an annual basis
• Independently utilizes media to further regional goals
• Develop and implement department-wide projects to positively impact donor
• Actively contributes to internal, regional, state or national committees/organizations
• Present expertise as a speaker at local/national meetings
Senior Community Development Liaison (Salary Grade 25)
• Maintains criteria for Community Development Liaison II, and:
o Manages one or more departmental campaigns
o Develops opportunities to collaborate with other departments to increase donor
designation and authorization
o Possess skill set and knowledge to fill in for department managers as needed
o Participate in media call schedule as needed
o Completes one of the following:
Publishes poster abstract or journal article on donation-related topic
Speaks at a regional/national/international conference/meeting as subject
1. May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The Community Development Liaison must have the ability to communicate and present information
effectively and concisely within a team environment. This individual must be able understand the
community education needs of the organization and effectively formulate a plan of response. This
individual must be able to clearly communicate this plan to organizational staff, as well as
internal/external stakeholders. This individual must be able to effectively and successfully implement
campaigns, programs and events.
This position requires extensive knowledge of public education, media relations, business
development, and project management. This position requires a proactive team player who can
multitask easily and must uphold the core values of the organization which include teamwork,
integrity, and passion. This individual must possess strong interpersonal, priority-setting and
strategic skills. This position requires strong attention to detail, written and verbal communication
skills. The ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment and to adjust to new priorities is
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Required: An undergraduate degree.
Preferred: An undergraduate degree with concentrated study in Communications, Marketing,
Journalism, Public Relations and/or Event Planning.
Five years of experience may be considered in place of educational requirements.
Required: Specific experience should include work with some of the following: community based
organizations, health care agencies, media relations, event planning and work with volunteers, civic
and faith leaders.
Preferred: Sales and marketing experience. Bilingual ability both written and spoken highly desirable
particularly in Spanish and English.
Other: Proficient use of current technologies, including, but not limited to, the following office
equipment: personal computer, fax machine, calculator, photocopier, audio and visual equipment
and current LAN-based and portable communication devices.
Proficient in all Microsoft Suite products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Adobe
Photoshop/Illustrator/Suite experience a plus.
Must have ability to travel within the DONOR NETWORK WEST service area by car.
I acknowledge that I have received and reviewed the job description for my position and I feel that I
can meet the requirements with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that this job
description is intended to describe the general content and requirements of the job and that it is not
an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of this position. I understand that
Donor Network West has the right to revise this job description at any time.
Employee Signature Date
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.