Do you - or does someone you know - need some friendly, helpful, affordable, and patient computer assistance?
Could you use help with Microsoft Office, the Internet, email, personal computer programs and problems, or mobile devices - including smartphones, tablets, and apps?
Maybe you'd like to have your own website and need some help getting started, or you want to improve your current website's appearance or its position in search results using expert Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing (SEO/SEM) techniques.
I'm an experienced and talented computer professional with excellent communication skills and a patient, gentle tutoring style.
My previous employers include:
- Pacific Bell, San Francisco, CA (Personal Computer Training Coordinator)
- Pacific Bell, Concord, CA (Computer Operations Manager)
- County of Alameda, Oakland, CA (Information Systems Manager)
I help people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds learn comfortably and confidently, at a pace that's right for them.
We meet wherever you like - your home, your place of business, my home, or any other location that's convenient for you. I'm available weekdays and weekends, including evenings.
Some of the areas in which I can help ...
- Personal computer and mobile device basics/fundamentals for adults
- Understanding, organizing, and managing your computer's files and folders
- Mac OS and Microsoft Windows
- Making full use of the Internet, email (including email attachments), and search engines
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word)
- Protecting your computer from viruses, spyware, and other malicious software
- Purchase advice (choosing the right computer, software, and other devices & services for your needs and your budget)
- VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) phone service on your computer and mobile devices (Skype, Google Voice)
- Arranging your workplace to support your health and comfort (computer ergonomics)
- Digital photography, including choosing and using digital cameras
- Optimizing photos and other graphics (image editing)
- Uploading and downloading photos, videos, and other files
- Search engine optimization and marketing (SEO/SEM)
... (This is only a partial list, so if you don't see it here, please inquire - there's a good chance I can help!)
My rate is $50 per hour for everything other than SEO/SEM training, which is $150 per hour. All sessions require a 2-hour minimum appointment. I accept checks, cash, major credit cards, and PayPal.
I can provide exceptional local references, recommendations, and reviews attesting to the integrity of my character and the quality of my work. (You can find some of my many reviews and recommendations on Yelp, Linkedin, and Angie's List.)
Please feel welcome to contact me at your convenience to discuss your individual needs, or to schedule an appointment.
Thank you for your interest - I look forward to working with you soon!