Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Address:39039 Paseo Padre Pkwy Suite 206, Fremont CA 94538, Fremont, CA 94538
Job Description: ER RN with minimum 1 year hospital experience
PM and Night shifts for immediate placement - per diem and travel
Please send resume
For company info, benefits or to view all our job opening please visit us at:
(copy and paste the URL into your browser)
JOB TITLE: Staff Nurse Emergency Dept.
The Emergency Dept. staff nurse functions under the supervision of the head nurse or charge nurse and provides total nursing care to patients. This involves assessing, planning, administering, evaluating the nursing care of assigned patients, administers all treatments and medications, and maintains complete and accurate records of nursing assessments and nursing care. The Emergency Dept. staff nurse must possess expertise in recognizing other complications in the intensive care patient based on the patient's disease process. The nurse is responsible for operating all technological equipment utilized in the unit. The functions performed require judgment based upon the applications of scientific and nursing knowledge and are guided by the established philosophy and policies of the organization and the unit.
Interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with patients, family members, significant others, client facility staff, volunteers, physician office staff, First Call Nursing Services, Inc. administrative staff, and other agency nursing personnel, supervisors, payroll and staffing personnel.
Client facilities of varied sizes and available equipment. Duties of Emergency Dept. Staff Nurse may vary depending upon client facility policy. Emergency Dept. Staff Nurse may be exposed to communicable diseases and may be assigned to patients in isolation. Nurses may be exposed to infectious waste including radioactive waste material from nuclear medicine. Will have working knowledge of universal precautions.
• Current active Registered Nurse license in the state of assignment.
• Must have one years experience as an R.N. in Emergency Dept. nursing.
• Health Screening Requirements
• Reliable transportation / current drivers license.
• Two (2) positive work references.
• Favorable criminal background check.
• Satisfactory 90 day and annual evaluations.
• Ability to read English and to chart in English.
• FCNSI / JCAHO/CALOSHA Mandates satisfied Education and Training:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. CPR upon hire and annual renewal and advanced certificate as required. Current ACLS. TNCC, PALS, NALS, NRP, CCRN preferred.
In addition to the duties fisted under the job description of a staff nurse, the following activities are unique to the position Emergency Dept. Staff Nurse:
• Responsible for total patient care, including medications, orders, treatments and assessments.
• Assists the physicians in performing special procedures and exams.
• Under the directions and guidance of the head nurse, closely monitors cardiac, physical, and hemodynamic status of patients under his/her care.
• Responsible for maintaining a close surveillance of the patients status at all times.
• Assists in emergency nursing procedures necessary for prompt control of changes in patient's physical condition.
• Able to perform the techniques of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and advanced cardiac life support accurately and effectively.
• May perform general or specific duties as assigned in any hospital service section, such as the emergency room, recovery room, general patient areas, etc.
• Cleans and cares for equipment, materials and supplies and is cost effective in delivering care to the patient.
The Emergency Dept. staff nurse is responsible for providing professional, skilled nursing care under the guidance of the head nurse/charge nurse. He/she is responsible for observing all hospital and departmental policies, care of equipment, and the cost effective use of supplies. He/she will maintain a professional level of conduct as per hospital policy and First Call Nursing Services, Inc. code of conduct.
The physical effort routinely required to accomplish work activities includes lifting and transferring clients (ability to lift at least 50 pounds), prolonged standing and walking, frequent bending and reaching, ability to move heavy objects, visual acuity, aural acuity, manual dexterity, the ability to write legibly and the ability to perform and maintain CPR certification.
Emergency Dept. Staff Nurse may be exposed intermittently to infectious disease, radiation, chemical and biological hazards.
In addition to the job knowledge formalized in the job description of the staff nurse, the Emergency Dept.
nurse shall have a comprehensive knowledge of Emergency Dept. nursing and be trained for advanced, certified Emergency Dept. nursing, demonstrates ability to use advanced physical assessment skills. Specialized nursing knowledge and skills for correct operation and interpretation of Emergency Dept. equipment and other technological equipment contained in the unit. Advanced knowledge of electrocardiography and the medications utilized in Emergency Dept.. Highly skilled in cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and advanced cardiac life support. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of CVP, arterial pressure and pulmonary artery monitoring. Working knowledge of cardiac pacing, techniques and modes of pacing, and hazards involved. Working knowledge of inhalation therapy ventilators and equipment for assisted respirations. Must have working knowledge regarding laboratory test procedures relevant to the type of patient care.
Emergency Dept. Staff Nurse must practice in accordance with the standard of nursing practice at all times.
Wages are based on skill level/experience.
First Call Nursing Services, Inc is a direct hire employer. Position includes benefits.